Mending

Mending

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Headache

Had a headache come on that went from my shoulder, up my neck and into my head.  Could have been partly due to the change in barometric pressure as the storm rolled in.  Could have been underlying stress.  I always do a few checks.

Have I had enough liquid and food?    
Am I tired?
Is this something that a light pain reliever will take away?
Can I massage or ice my neck to help relieve the pain?

When all the above is done or fails to help I have a few options.

I can get a chiropractic adjustment.
I can go for a ride in my truck to see the beautiful countryside.
I can do controlled breathing.
I can find a peaceful place and talk with God.
I can take off my shoes and walk through the cool, soft grass.
I can take a hot bath.
I can lay down and relax.

There are so many other things I can choose to do to help to calm my mind and take some of the pain down.  Yesterday I did all of the above except get an adjustment.  I was able to get rid of the pain, although it took a few hours.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment