Saturday, October 29, 2016
Empowering Kids to Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
From Kids Empowered
Our local elementary school teaches children about abuse. Here are some of the things they teach. I thought they were useful statements.
1. It's my body! I have the right to keep it safe.
2. No one has the right to hurt or harm a child.
3. Certain parts of the body are private.
4. There are appropriate and inappropriate touches.
5. Bad secrets are secrets that should never be kept.
6. Child abuse is never a child's fault.