Mending

Mending

Sunday, October 16, 2016

My Favorite Letter


My friend and I were discussing our favorite letters the other day.  I really didn't know what my favorite letter was.  Never really thought about it I guess.  I'm a slow thinker.  What I mean is I like to really think things through.  I process and analyze everything.  Then it came to me.  I like the letter "S".  Why S?  S stands for Superman.  I have a few Supermen in my life.  They have helped me in ways that no one else ever could or would.  

Person #1:  My best friend.  He has given me spiritual advice and counseled me in ways that have made me think about my life and decisions and who I want to be.  Because of him I have changed for the better and made happier choices in my life.

Person #2:  My counselor.  I've been in and out of counseling since I was 13 years old.  I am currently 45.  Only for the nearly two years since I started with this counselor have I been able to get past the trauma and hard things I've had to deal with in life and move on.  He has taken me to a new level of living.  He challenges me and helps me desire to improve and be strong.

Person #3:  My husband.  He has provided financially for me for almost 27 years now.  He has helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life.  He has been patient and tolerant of me when that was not an easy thing to do.  He continues to show forth love and support.


Person #4:  My father.  He created me.  He raised me for 18 years.  He became one of my best friends.  He was always there to help me, hold me, and love me.  My daddy is no longer living, but you don't have to be alive to be someone's hero.

Person #5:  My Sensei.  He has helped me to love myself, to gain confidence, to learn to be in front of people, to feel empowered.  He guides and leads me spiritually, emotionally, and physically.  This amazing man has helped me to rid myself of so much fear in my life.    

These 5 men are my Supermen.  Each one has helped me in ways that I don't think they are even aware of.  They are so awesome!  My hero's!  God has given me the best and I thank him for that!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment