Mending

Mending

Monday, September 5, 2016

Can Or Can't Control

There is emotional suffering you’ve experienced in life directly in proportion to your efforts of control.

This comes from the Reclaim Hope workbook from The Younique Foundation 

What can you control physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally?
1.       Physically:  I can control my eating, sleeping, weight, looks, amount of exercise, cleanliness of body, breathing
2.       Emotionally: I can control my mindfulness, depression, anxiety, anger, frustration, joy, happiness, kindness, thoughts
3.       Spiritually:  I can control my faith, trust, hope, whether or not I judge or forgive others
4.       Relationally:  I can control my love, trust, honesty  

What can’t you control physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally?
1.       Physically:  I can’t control the natural color of my eyes, hair, bone structure, genetic inheritances, traffic, inflation, growing old
2.       Emotionally:  I can’t control the way others react to me, others thoughts, feelings, and actions, the past or future   
3.       Spiritually:  I can’t control God’s timing, ways, blessings  

4.       Relationally:  I can’t control others words, choices, actions, who my family members are

No comments:

Post a Comment