Mending

Mending

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Clearance Items And Damaged Goods

I was having a quiet moment and to my mind came this.  Sometimes do you feel like you should be in the clearance cart in the grocery store because you are broken, dented, or damaged?  People with depression, anxiety, PTSD, addictions, abuse, and other mental illnesses sometimes feel damaged.  Hmmm. . . not so good with words, but I'll try to explain.  I feel like people look at me different because I am damaged, I've been put in the clearance bin with other damaged goods.  I still have use and am still worth something, but I'm severely damaged.  Usually it's just the outside packaging that is damaged, the insides are still good.  I am a damaged good.  I still was able to make something good out of myself.  It has taken a lot of hard work and progress has been slow, but this damaged package still has a lot to offer! 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment