Mending

Mending

Saturday, September 3, 2016

My Kintsugi Bowl



 Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery.  
Repairs are visible, but beautiful.
Become stronger in the broken places.
More appealing.

This is my bowl that I made at the Haven Retreat put on by the Younique Foundation for women who were sexually abused as a child. 

My life is just like my Kintsugi bowl.  It was at first whole, then something happened and it broke, I put it back together the same way God has allowed me to be put back together.  With the Kintsugi bowl it takes time to let the glue harden, so that the bowl can hold together.  With me it took time to let all the things I’ve been doing become habit so they could hold me together.  

My bowl still has a hole in it, and a scratch I didn't cover up.  I look at those as a reminder of who I was.  I thought about fixing them, but I think I'll leave them just the way they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment