Mending

Mending

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Telling Others

So I texted my friend and told him what I was going through.  Not a lot of details, just enough so he would have an idea of what was going on in my mind.  I asked him to pray for me.

When we tell others that we are depressed, or having anxiety it can help.  So since he mentioned to me that telling other people does help. I got online and talked to one of my sister friends.  She understands depression as she herself has it.  She supported me and it felt good getting it off my shoulders.  Then later in conversation with a long time friend I told him what was going on.

Sometimes we are afraid to tell others.  I always am.  I worry they will think I am weird or not worth having in their lives.  Most people don't feel that way.  I'm so grateful for my counselor and three friends who helped me through my depression last night.

I woke this morning feeling good and more positive.

Be sure to share with someone when you are feeling down.      

No comments:

Post a Comment